Sunday, November 27, 2005

Land of the Morning Calm

Friends...

This is most likely the final note I'll send from the Korea..."Land of the Morning Calm".

There are so many wonderful experiences I could could share...but let me just tell you about this Sunday morning:

First, I felt the Lord wanted me to gather up a plastic bag filled with dry leaves. This is truly a beautiful country with beautiful people...and the fall is especially rich in color. During my talk, I encouraged the church that the Father's love is a rich inheritance.....and that he has not discarded them, as a country or as individuals, but that He desired to "fill this Land with the Father's Glory...so Blaze Spirit Blaze set hearts on fire".

I passed the bag around and each one took one of the leaves....some were brittle..or large...others small with differing shapes and colors...but all unique and one-of-a-kind in their own way. The message was that God has not forgotten them, and that His intent was to pour out His Spirit and to release them into the destiny He has for them. 100 years ago, at the same time in Wales and in Azusa Street in LA, there was a mighty move of God in North Korea, where most of the Christians then lived. We believe another such move is coming.

The Lord has a redemptive purpose for this Land...even though it is "dry and barren". I used my leaf and literally set it ablaze as an illustration of our lives being consumed by Him. As a drink offering or precious perfume, we become a sweet smelling fragrance of His Presence. I told them one of my favorite smells was burning leaves...as it reminded me of raking leaves into a big pile, jumping into the pile...and eventually setting the whole thing on fire. (Oh the memories of the Midwest and the joy of Autumn...want to forget the winter) I believe this is such a season of spiritual harvest. Soon, the room filled with the fragrance of my "burning leaf" , and with it, a palatable sense of God's rich promise for the Korean people. (besides that, it was fun!)


Thank you for praying....I'll return Tuesday and give a detailed summary in a few days.

Bless you!!

Darrell