Monday, March 22, 2010

Pacificminstries Korea/Mongolia #2


I want to share 2 wonderful stories:

Saturday evening, Pastor David Park and I met 4 individuals... a interior decorator, an architect, a young entrepreneur, and a restaurant owner.  Each one of them have a passion for North Korea.  We shared traditional Korean oxtail soup, five-year old aged kimchi, soft shell crab soaked in soy sauce, hot pepper tofu kimchi soup, bamboo rice, barbecued beef and mushroom (sounds good?)  We prayed for each one and God was faithful to reveal strategy that had been planted in their hearts for North Korea.  Each one of these assignments reflected their inner giftedness and passion.  This may not seem amazing, but I believe it typifies a shift in our belief system.  Many in Asian countries believe that if you are called to Ministry, you must go to seminary or be trained and officially sanctioned as a lay pastor.  God is breaking that the mindset, and is giving us permission to dream again! Often when I speak in Korean churches I reminded them of who they are... their identity as carriers of the fire of God, especially to nations.  While I cannot be specific with regard to the details of each of their assignment, all of them are seeing fruit from their God-given endeavors.  What we did in praying for them, is simply confirm and encourage the dream God had already spoken to them.  Yay God!

The second story unfolded Sunday afternoon.    As I finished speaking, I felt as if the Lord wanted to bring an encouraging prophetic word to someone in the congregation that had never received such a word before.  And I wanted to invite three other leaders besides myself to participate in what I call a prophetic laboratory.  We called forward a woman who had never received a word, and I asked her permission to pray and ask the Holy Spirit for specific encouragement.  In essence this is what I spoke over her:

"Since you were a little girl, there has been a deep desire to know God.  This is the day where you will encounter him any new way... that you would know the mysteries of his heart and his will for you... this will be the beginning of a deeper relationship with Father God."

After the service I met with her and the friend who brought her to the meeting.  She said, "When my friend invited me... I did not want to go but I felt something compelling me to come.  I am completely stunned.  I never expected this.  Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Here is the best part: this woman came to the meeting as an unbeliever.  She was not a Christian.  But as our prophetic team spoke to what was inside of her... what the Holy Spirit had planted in her from the beginning of time... that she was a child of God capable of knowing him... it became testimony that God was real.  That was too cool!  Some people call this prophetic evangelism... I call it normative Christianity.

Tonight I leave for Mongolia, where I will join my friend Paul Vermes who has been there for several days and together we will meet and encourage the believers there.  Mostly, we will worship and ask the Holy Spirit for His agenda.

Sometimes I am asked if there is a temptation to take a  paid church position... and to be honest, sometimes there is.  But when I experience the relational life of kingdom leaders who are actively pursuing their dream, and I get to be a part of encouraging the dream, there is no question... I love my assignment.

We bless you and thank you for continuing to support and pray.

Darrell