Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Korea 2


Friends:
Following is a summary of Facebook posts. Thank you for praying!!

Daddy loves you! This video illustrates what I have been speaking to Koreans throughout my visit. There's a desperation to hear the father's voice and his heart. This little boy underwent surgery to implant a new device in his brain and the first voice be heard was his fathers love for him. So it is with us as we let God transform our mind and renew it to let us hear the father's voice for the first time: daddy loves you!

Amazing moment deaf three-year-old boy hears for the first time
Deaf three-year-old Grayson hears his father's voice for the first time after surgery in the US. Report by Genelle Aldred.

Yes this is true you are looking at a burrito stuffed with chicken nuggets and lots of carrots and lettuce. Wonderful Korean creativity! Spoke today in the youth service and at the seminary on Isaiah 40. I believe Korea reflects the character and nature of renewed strength found in the Eagle. The seminary President had this beautiful print of the Eagle in his office.









Appreciate prayers for 3 important meetings tomorrow. Will meet with Bhojraj Bhatta and his wife tomorrow. He is a pastor from Nepal with a vision for Kingdom multiplication throughout his nation. Following that I have a three hour session with a group of pastors and professors from a theology seminary followed by preaching at my dentist's church which is literally 20 feet from his dental chair. He has a church in the dental office where I spoke last time.
Will simply tell stories of Gods passion and love for us.

Seoul South Korea is noted for its wide and excellent cuisine for the discriminating palette. Had my choice of the following 2 menu items. Decided to Burger King it. Having it my way.







37 years ago today and we're still singing together! Happy Anniversary baby although in Korea halfway around the world my heart is never far from you.






























Shared for several hours with a group of seminary students who have a humble but huge vision for Korea's destiny and impact throughout the world. They have a special heart for North Korea. I have worked in partnership with these leaders for many years. Good to know relationships last!





















Finally, a brief history of my last 11 years of ministry in Korea. Please do not comment on the pictures from 2003. Yes this is really me.
Gathering this afternoon with 7 pastors who are interested in doing church differently. Will just share stories of God's faithfulness in the adventure of stepping off our map.





















All over Korea on the city streets you will find hundreds of what I call prophetic booths. There's such a strong desire for Koreans to understand who they are and what their purpose and identity. Everywhere I go there is such a strong hunger for significance. The Holy Spirit desires to release a full and refreshing revelation of who the Father is to this nation.

















Leadership and worship at Shalom Staff. These believers are place a high priority on worship. I encouraged them to let the Holy Spirit release the song in them.... the fullness of all they are as an object of God's great delight! (4 photos)







During the evening service I shared out of John 1.... In the beginning was the Word.
One of the women in the church has family in North Korea and just a few days ago heard that her mother, father, brother have all died of starvation in the last week. Some of the leaders in the church and myself gathered around to support her and pray for her after the service. I will see her tomorrow again, and I wonder if any of you have words of encouragement for her? She is a godly woman and serves faithfully in the church yet she believes this tragedy can be a testimony of Gods mercy and love.
Just leave comments for "Mary" and I'll read them to her tomorrow.