Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Gathering at the Miller's


After a 26 hour flight from Seoul Korea through Japan, Vancouver British Columbia, and eventually Chicago, I joined Carlene for a very special family wedding and extended family vacation. For the first time all of our children and their spouses were in attendance at their cousin Jon's Wedding celebration.

We often describe relationships as being the most important value in our life, and I believe that is true. We had the joy of being together with my folks, all my siblings, and many of their children. We reunited with my 87 year old favorite Aunt Dorothy who took me, my brother Ken, and my cousin Bruce on our first adventure 50 years ago to the Black Hills of South Dakota.

She gave me a great gift: a sense of adventure and love of travel. We laughed together, played games, ate too much, and even had an old fashion hymn sing.

At 4 p.m. at the Millers farm in Corbett, we want to do much of the same.We want to eat together, and share stories about what the Lord has accomplished these last weeks. Isn't that a good description of "church"?

Here are the particulars:

Bring your own meat to grill on our barbecue
Bring an additional picnic dish.... salad dessert whatever
Will begin gathering at 4 p.m. and let the Lord lead the entire evening
Beverages, watermelon, and all utensils will be provided
Directions to Millers  37501 E Knieriem Corbett, OR

We look forward to being together and celebrating life!

Pacificministries
4119 North East 8th St. 
Gresham Oregon 97030
Pacificministries.blogspot.com