Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Pacificministries Update (India and Mongolia)

Dear Friends,

Just a quick reminder for those in the Portland/Vancouver area of March Worship at the River this Sunday the 14th at 6 PM in Troutdale.  Monday morning, Mike Baird and I leave for Mumbai, New Delhi, and Siliguri India.  Samuel Chacko in Siliguri will host us for a men's conference, and we will minister with Rodrick Gilbert in New Delhi.  Linda Baker Kaahanui (Rolland Baker's sister) and five other women (including Joyce Prepchuck from Portland) will be concluding 2 women's conferences and we plan to celebrate with a combined service Sunday, March 18. Many believers have suffered persecution in this part of Northeast India, and it will be our joy to encourage leaders many who are traveling long distances from mountainous regions.  Updates can be found on Linda's blog or Pacificministries.


Paul Vermes from Victoria and I returned a week ago from Mongolia, and just as my internal clock has adjusted to Pacific Time, I am off again.  I received this picture and note from Bolor, one of the Mongolian young worship warriors we were privileged to serve. Some 40% of Mongolia's 2.7 million people live in poverty, which is likely to worsen after the coldest winter in three decades killed 4.5 million animals.  But God's hand is on the church in Mongolia! In Bolor's words:

Hello dear  brothers Paul and Darrel. I'm Bolor from Mongolia which you came and served 2 weeks ago in Immanuel church (Chinzorig). I encouraged by you, God has strengthened me by His own. Actually I missed you guys after you left Mongolia. I noted your prophitic word and keep praying to come His will in my life by your prophit. I wanna be man of God who is warrior and lives for Him only.

Amen!  This may seem just like a photo taken during prayer, but I believe it captures the moment when two guys from Canada and the United States simply laid their hands on Bolor and spoke of the Father's love and destiny for him.
Bolor introduced the Mongolian worship song "Minii amidraliin buhii l udruud" (rough translation: All the Days of My Life I Will Praise You... I Will Live for You Forever

Many of you have commented how much you sensed God's anointing on it. Download it HERE

Thank you for allowing this ambassador to travel to obscure places to bless and encourage young men like Bolor, and for praying for Mongolia and the upcoming trip to India.  We are still short of funds for the meetings.  We want to bless the pastors and completely cover their travel, meals, and the lodging for the week.  If you'd like to contribute you may use PayPal or P.O. Box 1401, Port Townsend, WA 98368.

We bless you and look forward to seeing you this Sunday at the River. 

Darrell and Carlene
Item Thumbnail