Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dental Adventure

It began as a slow consistent pulsating ache in my lower tooth. First, I just ignored it hoping it was just a temporary problem. I had just finished my ninth day of teaching and ministry in many different venues in this wonderful nation of Korea. But now, I prayed prayers of desperation myself: Lord I do not need a major tooth problem in another country.

Slowly, the pain diminished but then a day later came back with a vengeance! Drugs did not help. Prayer did not seem to be going anywhere either. I was praying for a group of people at the end of meeting and a woman presented herself from Iran and she was a dentist. The next day my friend Pastor David Park took me on a subway to a crowded Korean dental clinic. I knew this was a different dental clinic as there was a cross on the door and a small church connected to the dental offices. These dental servants were a blessing as it turned out I had a major infection underneath a crown and had to have a root canal and a temporary crown. By the way, they don't seem to use a lot of anesthetic in Korea the people just endure it.... yikes!

Bottom line I went from the dentist's chair straight across the hall to the church offices and ministered to about 25 people hungry for Jesus. What a surprise.

Today I leave for Mongolia a very happy and blessed and pain-free servant.

Thank you for praying for grace safety and no more dental problems.