Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sri Lanka

Friends...


Have just finished 3rd day in Sri Lanka with many being touched by the Holy Spirit. Have just a few minutes to post this audio reflection....tomorrow we join 30 pastors and leaders for a prayer and worship assignment in the central town of Kandy where high level Buddhists have a major influence. This country is divided and under great spiritual oppression. I have prayed for many discouraged leaders and the Lord has been faithful to bring refreshing and encouraging words to their lives. There have been wonderful moments of laughter....even as I try to eat the hottest and spiciest food in my life. I regularly carry water with me!

Our hosts have us staying in a place greatly damaged by the tsunami and you still witness the destruction. Thank you for upholding us....Carlene is flying 18 hours to meet me in Bangkok on Friday morning. The leaders we are working with in Thailand expect nearly 2000 at these meetings. Please pray for strength and wisdom.

Bless you!

Darrell