Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Celebration Service For Janice Kavakov


It is not often I feel as strongly as I do about a gathering.  Last fall many of you will know that Janice went to be with Jesus.  She was faithful to come to our Worship at the River gatherings and would almost always feel compelled to write a poem which very often summarize what God was speaking to us.

Breath of Love     September 13, 2000

My Joy in Growing with Other Christians Overflows My Soul
I Cannot Conceive What You've Prepared for Us in Heaven
I Cannot Believe What You Do for Us Here on Earth
by Your Spirit, I Discern What I Cannot Understand
by Your Spirit I Strive to Have Your Mind,
Jesus, Your Heart Your Soul Your Very Breath Mingled with My Own.

Listening for you Lord

... Use Me As a Vessel Lord Siphon Your Words through Me
I Can Brag so Easily about the One Who Set Me Free
Give Me Thoughts of Heaven of Eternity with You
and Dreams of Meeting Moses Joshua and Ruth...

We are going to have a celebration of the life of Jesus expressed in Janice this Saturday at 2 PM at the As Is church.  Address is below.  This will not be a memorial alone, it will be a statement that death has lost its sting and there is victory.  Janice always had such a powerful expression of joy on her face.  She had a very difficult life.  Many challenges.  But we saw the best of what Jesus released in her.  

My sense is that this will be a spark to encourage and release the same in many who have struggled with the very issues Janice struggled with.  Join us as we celebrate this Saturday morning!

Celebration Service
For Janice Kavakov
Date:     March 23, 2013
Time:     2:00 p.m.
Place:    AS IS church
Location:   10110 Linwood Ave. (Linwood Ave & King Rd.)
                 Milwaukie, Or. 97222