Saturday, April 16, 2011

Japan 2

Thank you for praying for Japan. Yesterday  during worship  I noticed the speaker stands beginning to sway as we began to experience a series of aftershocks. This is not entirely unusual but it was certainly different for me. I began to look for a safe place to protect myself. Most of the people continued to worship with passion. For many years I have sung Be Still and Know..... But never in the middle of an actual earthquake.
The Lord begin to speak to me that the safest place is in Him. I have much to learn.
The believers in Japan are trusting God for protection and strength. It is a joy to worship with them during this time of shaking.
Many believers are experiencing an openness to the gospel in Japanese pre-Christians. It is a joy to encourage comfort and strengthen  the church in Japan.
Tomorrow I leave for the island of Okinawa for three days and then visit the damaged areas North of Tokyo  and will hope  to encourage workers as well as  displaced people who have lost all they own.

Bless you
Darrell