Thursday, January 15, 2009

Korea January 2009

Dear Friends and Family,




It's Friday morning I'm sitting in a Korean coffee shop where the temperature has hovered between 5-20 degrees over the past 5 days, and a fresh blanket of snow has covered the city of Seoul. The big floating and sticky kind of snowflakes. The city does not pause much...buses, taxis, and busy commuters set their heads against the blowing snow...and plow forward.



This country, known for it's tenacity and endurance against opposition is a testimony to the spiritual DNA God has given this land. I'm on assignment here, speaking to smaller and larger groups of leaders, churches, and mission groups. It's been pretty non-stop, and this morning is really the first hour I've had to post an update. I arrived one week ago after losing my passport (got a new one in Seattle in a record 6 hours) and literally flying over the flood from Portland to Seattle (as I5 was closed) to catch my overseas flight.



In a word, it was worth the effort. I'll visit 4 cities in these 8 days here, and, as always, the Korean people have received me with grace.



There are many reasons why I believe this trip was difficult with all the problems and delays. Suffice to say this as been our life the past months during Thailand airport closures, record snow and rain....and lost passports. I believe we are learning to live and prosper with constant change. We are learning to trust Holy Spirit as our Friend, Counselor, and Guide. I have, like many of you, been drawn to study the Book of Revelation with a fresh approach. As Mike Bickle as said, if you are a worshipper, intercessor, or prophetic person, you are pretty much guaranteed job security for eternity. Wow. (I'd encourage you to catch some of their teaching at ihop.org)



Carlene is finally recovering after weeks of a nasty cough, and I'll return Tuesday to help care for her Mother. I'll do a podcast later today and hope to post it at http://pacificministries.blogspot.com in a day or so.





Bless you and thank your for praying for us.



Darrell