Tuesday, May 20, 2008


An Invitation



Bill and Delight Petersen are trusted friends and counselors . We feel part of Worship at the River will expand to include afternoon teachings, impartations, followed by fellowship as we eat together (bring your meal). Our first afternoon is Sunday, June 8th. Please read Bill's message for June's afternoon gathering:


Recently while I was in Central Oregon, I visited the church where I accepted the Lord. Since it was a weekday, I just sat in the sanctuary and wrote in my journal. I was reminded of being baptized there some 50 years ago. Through the wonderful people in that church I came into an understanding of my need for salvation and was converted, baptized, and discipled. The Holy Spirit reminded me of many wonderful experiences as my faith grew in that setting.

I reflected on the fact that my initial baptism was “John’s baptism”. I also thought about the fact that 20 years after my conversion I had come into new understandings and experiences in the Lord. You might say that I was an “Ephesian Christian” (Acts 19:1-6) because the theology that I was converted into did not include the gifts of Holy Spirit and other teachings that I now embrace. As I sat there I felt like the Lord was saying that I should be baptized again.

Growing up as a child in that church I understood as a child. I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I had to put away childish things. Through my teen years and later in life I grew to understand that not all that I had been taught as a child was accurate or complete. I need to put to death old teaching and be released into newer life.

Jesus recognized His need for water baptism too. He insisted that John baptize him and when he came out of the water his Father poured out Holy Spirit on Him.

Into what were you baptized? If you have never been baptized or the Spirit is prompting you to be baptized with new understanding, we invite you to come to our orientation.


Date: June 8, 2008

For: Water Baptism/Worship at the River
Time: 1 PM
Baptism orientation followed by water baptismss***

6 pm Worship at the River

Where: Sam Cox Building at Glenn Otto Park in Troutdale, OR

***(Bring a sack lunch or plan on getting something to eat in Troutdale between the baptisms and WAR)


If you would like to be baptized or if you know someone who would, please call 503-515-2452 or send an email to victoryhouse@comcast.net for detailed information.



Blessings,



Darrell and Carlene Dahlman