Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas Piano Offer

Dear Pacificministries Friends,
Most of you may know I began a new assignment in December of 2001 . After 9/11, many travelers were afraid to fly and airport terminals were guarded by armed soldiers. Airports had become launching pads for weapons targeting our cities. During this season of national unrest, God gave me an opportunity. I was invited to play Christmas songs on a 9-foot Steinway grand piano at the Portland International Airport. Originally, I saw this as a chance to make extra money for the holidays as I had, in obedience to the Lord, just completed a Christmas piano CD. As I played traditional Christmas favorites in an improvisational worship style, hundreds of people were moved by the Spirit behind the music. Each year proved to be a lesson in obedience, evangelism, and deeper trust. I have thoroughly enjoyed the past five years as the Lord has faithfully taught me many lessons.
Without "professional marketing" these CDs have been very well received and have supported our ministry travel and expenses. This year, I sense a change in my assignment. While I may play a few times at the airport this December, I'll continue to substitute teach in our public schools...as both are mission fields.
Recently, I have received a number of unsolicited notes of how the CD's have impacted people. They're on my new web site where you can securely order CDs using major credit cards and Paypal. The web site is: http://bestillmusic.blogspot.com
We are selling the CD's for $15. If you are interested in ordering multiple copies of more than 10, we will sell the CD for $10, and pay for shipping. They make wonderful holiday gifts. Many schools, businesses, nonprofits, and bookstores have ordered multiple copies of Christmas Piano as a fund-raising tool and companies have used them as corporate or personal gifts.
This year, I will use a portion of the profits from Christmas Piano to support two orphanages, one in China, the other North Korea. 2006 has proved to be a wonderful and yet challenging year. We are thankful for the Holy Spirit's guidance and wisdom and look forward to the next season.
Bless you, and Merry Christmas,
Darrell
http://bestillmusic.blogspot.com