Friday, February 24, 2006

Final

Friends...

I have just returned from ministering in a pioneer church plant East of Taejon. It is a little after midnight and I wanted to conclude these updates, as we leave for the airport at 10 am for the long flight to LA. I will speak (Jean and Carlene will rest) at Pastor David Kim's Church in Koreatown for 2 Sunday morning and one afternoon service, before returning to Portland.

It has been a joy to travel and minister with Jean. She is a true prophetic voice to the Church, and her ministry in the Holy Spirit is accurate and penetrating. Many pastors would like to "kidnap her" and have her stay in Korea indefinitely. I (Darrell) have several times, been off to a few other assignments, but most of our time has been in support of her ministry. As she prayed for some 30 students yesterday afternoon, I quietly stood beside her with my hand on her back. As she was praying for one of them , I took my hand away for a moment, and she quickly grabbed my hand and firmly placed it back. I needed no other hint....I knew she valued the prayer support, and every moment wanted the assurance we were standing with her.

Especially moving was to hear stories of how the Lord has used her for nearly 70 years, from a young 16 year old girl preaching a 3 week healing/revival gathering in the hills of West Virginia in 1936, to Aimee McPherson laying her hands on Jean and Elmer for commissioning to South America....to her work as one of the millions of "Rosie the Riveter" factory workers on B-52's (keeping the home fires burning during WW II), to the years of ministry during the Charismatic move in England in the 60's and 70's..to the grandson of Charles Parnum (of Azusa Street) giving Jean a prophetic word in a Malt shop in Hollywood....get the idea?

I want to send you an unedited version of a prophetic word Jean gave Thursday afternoon. This was not taped, but I did write it down as best I remember. I believe, as she does, that it has broad application for the next season of the Church.....not just in Asia, but all over the world. Perhaps you might sense the flavor of the ministry we have experienced the last several days. You might sense a personal application...I know I do.

Jean Darnall....Taejon South Korea, Thursday, February 23, 2006

I believe there are here....among us, ministries that will affect nations....ministries that will bring order out of chaos. You will see Kingdom power restored...order...healing. You will have favor with authorities and will raise the level of righteousness. I see overturned idols...their very foundations are shaken...overturned....destroyed...and demons flee in panic. I see ancient religions uprooted....overturned in the context of international distress. You will walk with dignity because you belong to the Kingdom of God. You are sent as ambassadors to nations who have lost their idols...and they will look to you. God will be your Protection...Preservation....and Provider.

Bless you....and please continue to pray for a safe and healthy re-entry. We have so enjoyed this trip....and have felt your prayers have given us much protection.

Thank you...or er, Kimsameda (I know that's not right spelling)


For...Jean and Carlene...

Darrell