Sunday, May 08, 2005

May Update for Pacificministries

Dear Friends of PacificMinistries,

Almost seven years ago, I was meditating on Psalm 46.

God is our refuge and strength,an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts. The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress...."Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted in the earth."

The Holy Spirit began to highlight several thematic phrases which eventually became a song: Be Still. The writer of Psalm 46 begins with a declaration of trust and confidence in God, despite trouble, natural disaster, and nations in an uproar. I believe the Lord interrupts with his own quiet voice to remind us to "still" ourselves. Needless to say, I have sung that song often.

There have been many prophetic words spoken from well-respected national personalities concerning both the pain and promise of God's coming judgment and mercy. It is in all our hearts desire to remain confident in God's promise to be our refuge and strength. Our job is to rest. Our calling is to be still; and remind ourselves that he is God and He will be exalted among the nations and in the earth. Our confidence does not rest in our ability to accurately discern the times or seasons. Our confidence and trust remains solely in our ability to rest.

Some years ago, the band Delirious wrote a song entitled: Find Me In The River. Following is a portion of their lyrics:

Find me in the river...Find me on my knees

I've walked against the water Now I'm waiting if you please

We've longed to see the roses...But never felt the thorns

And bought our pretty crowns....But never paid the price

Find me in the river....Find me there

Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare

Even though you're gone and I'm cracked and dry

Find me in the river, I'm waiting here.....

This Sunday evening at 6:00, you'll find a group of people who are hungry and thirsty for an encounter with Jesus. We do not have a full understanding of what God is doing... but we are declaring our dependence and resolve to "Be Still and Know... He is God."

You are invited to join us.

Darrell