Monday, December 07, 2009

An Okinawa Prayer

Dear Praying Friends,

After 3 days in Osaka, I am literally writing this update in the air with some 300 Jr. High  Japanese school children on a holiday trip to Okinawa.  They all were, well, extremely excited about their adventure and enthusiastically cheered as our 747 lifted off the tarmac.  I got the distinct impression many were flying for the first time.  The upside is that I was upgraded to first class (thank you Lord!) I think Japan Airlines felt sorry for the lone American.

The meetings in Osaka were at first very challenging.  There is such a deep need for emotional healing in so many Japanese.  Many fathers work long hours, and the economic crisis has put great stress on families.  But as I shared on the love of  the Father many experienced a renewal of His approval and unconditional forgiveness.

Yesterday I visited the Yumi, Massa Kusido, and their daughter Ai and her husband, a family I first met in 2002.  Carlene, Matt, and I stayed in their home for week while we were in Asia.  It is a testimony to the Body of Christ that after years of not seeing them, I felt marvelously at home.  They have built a home/Christian bookstore/homeless feeding center/international children’s School/Church/prophetic coffeehouse/worship center on property the family had long dedicated to God. The Lord has continued to bless the work of their hands, and we celebrated His favor…with an Italian meal complete with spaghetti and broccoli/octopus pizza. (yes, you read that right)  Actually, it was tasty and we laughed and shared stories.  I LOVE the family of  God!

I will hold 3 meetings in the southern island of Okinawa over the next few days.  As many of you may know, some of the bloodiest World War II battles were fought here, with thousands of American Marines, Japanese, and civilians  were killed, wounded, starved to death, or committed suicide. 

I invite you to join with me in intercession for Okinawa. I have written this prayer….agree with me:

Lord, we ask for Your favor and blessing to shower Okinawa.  May this island manifest the miracle of Your healing and restoration.  Where there was once pain and suffering, bring life and light.  Psalm 91: Lord You are Japan’s Rising Son.  These Islands belong to You.  You reign over them. May the people of Okinawa see Your glory, and all gods bow down before Him.  May this island hear and rejoice because of Your judgments. O Lord, You are high above all gods.  Let Japan rejoice in you.  Let the multitude of Japanese Islands  be glad!

Thank you for your agreement.

Darrell