Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Notes from Worship at the River 1/2007

Prophetic Worship:

1. Devotional worship is giving to God what is rightfully His – respect, honor, and adoration.
2. Prophetic worship is about connecting heaven and earth. It is worship that is both heavenly and earthly. Prophetic and life changing – God desires to penetrate the culture around us.

Prophetic Worship – Music:
· Spiritual Songs
· Supernatural Sounds

There is an inter-relationship between planned and spontaneous worship. This can be likened to a boat, which is currently moored on the side of the water. It first needs to be launched to give it some momentum. Once it is going it can then catch the wind and be powered by the wind. So it is with our worship of God. The structure and planning which is our responsibility as worshippers and priests provides the launching pad.

Prophetic worship is worship, which is not predictable – worship that is fresh and new.

What does prophetic worship involve?
_ Singing
_ Dance
_ Mime
_ Symbolic actions
_ ‘Supernatural sounds’ and ‘new’ music – Romans 8 vs. 22-23, 26-27
_ Art

Ephesians 5 vs. 18-19.
.. be filled with the Spirit. 19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Christ.

Psalm 40 v.3 –
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

I Chronicles 25 v.1 – David and the army commanders appointed musicians to prophesy. A strategic decision – recognized the different levels of warfare. – natural, physical and hidden, spiritual.

Prophetic worship is the kind of worship that is a fruit of ministry to God. Yet there is a horizontal dimension too where the Holy Spirit ministers to us as well. David and Saul – playing harp led to deliverance. Music is a very powerful, emotive tool that was created by God. A song or piece of music can speak to the human spirit in a way that words sometimes cannot express. Prophetic worship – music inspired by the Holy Spirit has an even greater power to liberate, release and empower. Psalm 32 v.7 – songs of deliverance.

Josh Hubbard's Word

1-14-07

My word goes out to a thirsty world and it goes to quench that thirst. Yet the world doesn’t even know what it is thirsty for. My word will water the earth like rain and snow, bringing fruit and bread. The word will accomplish what I desire, this word that I have placed in your heart and in your mouth.
So I call upon you to open your heart and your mouth that I might fill them. Then you will use that word to quench the thirst of the world I died for.
But, my bride, I see your own thirst, to which I say “Come, all who are thirsty, come to the waters, and you who have no money, come, buy and eat.” But many times you spend your time, your money and your effort on that which cannot satisfy you. The dissatisfaction you feel is from me. You don’t need more money, more time, fewer problems, less stress or an easier life. You need more Me!
Have you forsaken your first love? Do you remember the times we´ve had?
When you climbed up on my lap and I washed away your tears and healed your wounds? How you promised to serve me and love me to the exclusion of all else. But little by little, you slipped away. You´ve held to the form without the substance. You´ve substituted religion for love. I´m coming for a bride, not a mistress. A bride who is breathless with anticipation for my arrival. A bride ready and prepared yet also preparing. A bride putting on her robe of righteousness, crying out “Come to me, Lord Jesus”.
So the word is “repent”. Remember the height from which you have fallen, the heights of our love. Repent and do what you did when first we met. Come away with me, my love! Leave behind all your worries and fears. Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. For the rest you desire, comes only through Me, from knowing that I care for and will never leave. From knowing you are in the center of my will and are doing exactly what I´ve called you to do. Ask yourself, “Am I doing precisely what He has called me to do”? If not 100%, then repent. I will direct all of your life, not just 50, 75 or 95%. I am coming for a bride without one single stain or spot. When I see you face to face, you will be perfect and complete.
If you will confess your sins, I am faithful and just and will forgive all your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness. The Spirit and the bride and “Come” and let him who hears say “Come”. Whoever is thirsty, let him come and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Amen, come Lord Jesus.