Thursday, September 01, 2005

Some of my thoughts....toward those who disagree

I've believe the Holy Spirit is moving, drawing and purifying the Church today. God is using the pressure and trials and accusations to bring about His purposes.

When we experience accusation, our first response should be a question: " Lord, what are you teaching me through this .... what are you saying to me? How are you using this accusation to bring accuracy and purity to my ministry? "


A mature and loving inquiry to valid doctrinal errors in any ministry should be welcomed.

But I also believe accusations and doctrinal errors delivered in a wrong spirit will increase as the time draws near for the return of Jesus. They are like poisonous arrows instead of a scalpel in the hands of a gifted surgeon. Sometimes there does need to be a spiritual surgery... to cut away wrong doctrinal or soulish ministry that promotes self.

I believe the Holy Spirit is drawing us to Himself with the revelation of the beauty of intimacy with Jesus. He is also permitting the added dimension of stress and difficulty to motivate us to run to Jesus more quickly and fervently.

I believe God is orchestrating these times to produce maximum love without violating our free will. I want to embrace even the things that in my soulish response ....I would rather defend.

In Jeremiah 16, there is the description of a Fisher and the Hunter. I believe that passage is referring to a willing response to be drawn closer and captured by the heart of Jesus... lurred into His presence.... as opposed to being hunted and pursued with pressure and tribulation. I'd rather be a fish.

There is coming a season in the church, where the Lord is bringing pressure and tribulation so that we might respond as Paul did, with great joy and thankfulness because the great love inherent in Godly correction and discipline.

Whenever we confront a brother, we do it with the same heart and spirit of love and affirmation we expect from the Lord himself.

It is dangerous to assume that we can bring accusations which, although they may contain a measure of truth, are without the spirit of love, humility and empathy Jesus modeled.

I know the Lord is using both righteous and unrighteous pressure to bear on the church today. how we respond to the accusations we bring, as well as receive... may be a barometer of our maturity. We must be willing to subject ourselves to the purifying fire God promises to bring to us.